This project was completed last June, its final stages completed on a road trip west to Utah…
This shirt is what I envision myself wearing if I were on, say, Death in Paradise, The Finder, CSI Miami or Hawaii Five-Oh and living out my fantasy life as a scientist/amateur detective in the tropics.
Time Frame: February – June 2018
Pattern: McCall’s 6436, sleeveless blouse with cup options
Fabric: Fabric from my aunt’s hand-me down stash, 100% quilting cotton
Notions: Size 12 needle, pearl buttons from JoAnn’s, bias tape from stash, thread from stash
Size: 12, D cup
- Took up 1″ of fabric of both the front and back pieces across the middle of the armscye.
- Took up 2″? of fabric around the waist/hip area.
- Dropped the bust dart down 1.5″ (before lowering armscye).
- I stitched down the pleat on the pockets since every time it came out of the wash otherwise it was crumpled and very difficult to iron. I don’t tend to use breast pockets practically so this works for me.
- I used the reverse of the fabric for accents on the shoulder straps, pocket flaps and front button placket.
- This is definitely going in my TNT patterns! I even have a small stack of fabric set aside to make more of these. It is so nice to not have to fiddle with an FBA and I love all the detail options.